Friday, December 20, 2013

Welcome to SAHMigurumi

Well well..it's been a horrendously long time since I've blogged.. Any ME-time is a luxury now since I became a stay-at-home-mother (SAHM) of 2 beautiful girls. Recently I picked up crocheting since I was rather confined to the house. Truth be told, I didn't expect myself to become 'hooked' to it literally. Haha from a hook bowler to crochet hooks..I can't run away from being a 'hooker' ha! And actually, I became curious about crocheting because of the owl hats that I bought for Melissa's photoshoot. Even though I ordered for 0-3months, they still turned out too big. Hence, I decided to make one myself! But till date, I'm still not successful. Haha because I believe I don't have the right yarn and hook size.

I wanted to go into this hobby properly but till date, I haven visited the 'garden of eden' - golden dragon..or even spotlight! I've only been to daiso and a neighbourhood shop to purchase hooks and acrylic yarn. The only decent yarn I have are 3 balls of bamboo cotton that I pestered Mummy to buy for me. And only today did I get to sneak out to daiso again to buy batting for my latest project - the sleeping totoro!

Anyway, I decided to start this blog (SAHM+amigurumi= SAHMgurumi :D)  to sort of keep track of my amigurumi journey, as well as to pool together the online resources that I've gathered. So here I go..one stitch at a time! Hopefully as I progress up the learning curve, I might one day be able to design and create my own amigurumi.

To commemorate the birth of this blog, I bought myself the clover amour crochet hooks! :D really excited and looking forward to receiving them!!

Till then, happy knots!

No comments:

Post a Comment